Mar
21
2013

Family Pet Saved In Fire!

417902_orig

Thursday, March 21, 2013 20:44 On Thursday evening March 21st at 20:44 hrs the Huntington Manor Fire Department responded to a reported kitchen fire at 46 Deepdale Drive in South Huntington. Arriving within 3 minutes, Asst Chief Frank McQuade (2-4-31) transmitted the working fire. Under the command of Chief of Department Fred Steenson Jr (2-4-30) 2 lines were stretched to the front door off of first due engine 2-4-3. First due ladder 2-4-6 laddered the roof and provided ventilation. The fire was quickly knocked down with the kitchen being totaled and extension into the family room. During the search of the house the family dog was found by firefighter Scott Rubcewich on the 2nd floor suffering from burns and smoke inhalation. The dog was given oxygen with a special pet mask and transported to a local animal hospital where he was admitted with burns and smoke inhalation. Town of Huntington Fire Marshall was requested to the scene and the fire was ruled to be accidental due to cooking. Melville Fire Department provided R.I.T. duties while Huntington Fire Department provided coverage at Manors main. All units were back in service at 22:10 hours.

http://websites.firecompanies.com/hmfd/photos/?album=43&gallery=44

Photos by Alex VanSantvoord www.fdactionshots.com

Story Photo by Mark Oshinsky.

Mar
20
2013

FireCompanies.com

Welcome to your Firecompanies.com site!