Monday morning at 9:30 A.M. Huntington Manor Firefighters were dispatched to a Signal 23 Natural Gas Leak at the intersection of West 22nd Street and Darnley Drive. 2nd Assistant Chief Jim Glidden was first to arrive on scene and reported a backhoe had struck a 4 inch gas main rupturing it. National Grid was immediately requested to shut off the gas supply. Firefighters from Engine 3 secured a water supply and stretched a precautionary hose line. 6 homes were evacuated until the gas line was secured by National Grid. Chief Jon Hoffmann was in charge of operations and was assisted by Assistant Chiefs Brady and Glidden. All units were back in service by noon, There were no reported injuries.