November 12, 1903 – The first meeting was a “citizens meeting” to determine whether or not it was advisable to form a fire company “without water”. It was decided to organize and 33 members were enrolled. The initiation fee was 50 cents. The election of officers was held. George Ferguson was named Foreman, Daniel Fleet, Assistant Foreman, William Murray, Secretary and A.S. Pettit, Treasurer
November 19, 1903 – House and Home Realty Co. offered $100 if it would use Huntington Manor Fire Company as the official name. The name and $100 was accepted and work went on with formation of committees toward the drafting of a charter.
November 23, 1903 – The project of obtaining an official charter was deemed too involved and was abandoned in favor of incorporation. A committee was formed to work on the incorporation project.
December 7, 1903 – Mr. Allison Loundes was retained as Attorney to acquire incorporation papers. Ten men were appointed to sign the papers. Meetings at the time were held in George Jackson’s blacksmith shop.
March 7, 1904 – Huntington Manor Fire Company received incorporation papers from the committee and the 10 men who had signed the documents became the first members of the Board of Directors.
March 8, 1904 – The first meeting of the Board of Directors was held. The election of officers resulted in F. W. Latham becoming President, George Sweezey, Vice President, C.B. Tuthill, Secretary, and William H. Corey, Treasurer.
March 21, 1904 – Mr. Allison Loundes, counsel for the Fire Company, donated a lot 50 feet by 150 feet for a site for the new firehouse. It was accepted with thanks.
April 11, 1904 – A loan of $650 was requested to start building a firehouse and $100 was approved for equipment.
May 2, 1904 – By-laws were accepted, printed, and presented to members. A fire alarm in the form of a wheel ring from a locomotive was accepted from the Long Island Railroad.
May 10, 1904 – The Board of Directors instituted a mortgage on the property and firehouse.
June 6, 1904 – Ladders and axes were acquired for use. The first floor of the firehouse was ready for use.
August 1, 1904 – Money was appropriated for building a fire truck.
September 6, 1904 – The new fire truck was finished, fully equipped and in the firehouse. The cost was less than $125. It was horse drawn by A.S. Pettit’s horses. They were used until A.S. Gardiner offered his horses.
March 6, 1906 – A fire alarm bell was to be purchased from A.S. Gardiner. It was a 36 inch bell, weighing over 560 pounds and cost $46.59.
August 6, 1906 – A tower in the firehouse was modified to house the alarm bell.
October 1, 1906 – A committee was formed to start work on a taxable fire district.
November 1906 – The district was formed to be one-half mile in each direction of the firehouse. It was approved by a two-thirds vote of all taxpayers within these boundaries.
December 2, 1907 – The district boundaries were extended to be one mile in each direction of the firehouse, except on the north side which was protected by the Huntington Fire District.
April 6, 1908 – A committee was formed to seek ways of forming a fire department containing two fire companies.
April 20, 1908 – Huntington Manor Fire Company split to become two separate companies. They divided into the Hook & Ladder Company and the Hose Company. These two companies made up what is known as the Huntington Manor Fire Department. An election was immediately held for Chief, Assistant Chief, 2nd Assistant Chief, Secretary, and Treasurer. The first Chief was Clarence B. Tuthill, Assistant Chief was John Gow and 2nd Assistant Chief was Emory Ruland.
October 4, 1909 – A fire bell south of the railroad tracks was installed on a tower. Constant improvements in sounding alarms were sought.
October 24, 1910 – The Hook & Ladder Company accepted into its ranks the members of the defunct Hose Company. The Hose Company had lost members and experienced financial problems.
May 5, 1913 – A celebration was planned for the arrival of the first “Auto-Truck” which was the first motorized equipment.
March 5, 1917 – The Hook & Ladder Company asked the Chief of the Department to form a new Hose Company and a new Chemical Company.
June 3, 1918 – The Hook & Ladder Company absorbed all members of the Chemical Company during World War I.
July 7, 1919 – The Chemical Company withdrew from the Hook & Ladder company and went on its own.
September 1920 – By mutual consent the Hose Company, Hook & Ladder Company and the Chemical Company consolidated into the Huntington Manor Fire Company once again. It was necessitated by both the lack of finances and manpower in the respective companies.
June 7, 1924 – The fire district was expanded again.
January 5, 1925 – The Chemical Company ceased to exist and all of its members were assigned to the fire company.
October 5, 1925 – 28 men were released from the Huntington Manor Fire Company to form a new Hose Company with the Department.
March 1, 1926 – The first “Fire Police” call a “Fire Line” consisting of six men was approved and set up with a monthly rotating roster of members, mostly probationary members.
March 4, 1940 – A change in titles from “Foreman” to “Captain” and “Assistant Foreman” to “Lieutenant”.
September 3, 1957 – Station 2 is now open and operating.